The Psychic Counselor

Do you have questions about life changes? Emotional concerns? Relationship issues? Spiritual matters? Send your questions to The Psychic Counselor, Lynda Hilburn, and check back here for your answers. Or you can read through the previous posts (check the Archives) to find answers you didn't even have questions for! LyndaSoul@aol.com. [*LyndaSoul isn't my name -- it's the combo of my first name with the first word in the name of my hypnotherapy training school.]

Monday, October 11, 2004

Seeking a Positive Shift

Dear Lynda:
I started a metaphysical business about a year and a half ago. We are hanging in, but it's scary as the economy hasn't really improved enough to generate more business for us. It took me a while to let go of my "corporate ego," and now I'm living more in line with who I am at my core. Can you see any blocks in my life that are preventing the abundance I have been working on shifting my way? I do healing and readings and have a lovely shop with my partner. Am I missing something I should be doing differently? Better? Do you see a shift for the positive coming for us?
Cheryl, Denver, CO

Dear Cheryl:
I'll say this odd thing and then try to figure out what I mean by it!

The growth of your business happens simultaneously with giving yourself huge permission to really have what you want and be who you are. Not polite ideas. Not politically- or spiritually-correct ideas. Not "being a good girl" ideas. But instead, wild, audacious, messy, chaotic, impolite, naughty, too-much, too-loud, too-emotional ideas.

Or, put a different way, Wild Woman needs to spend more time in your business and the other parts of you can take a coffee break.

You likely know this already, and I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but it's possible to be absolutely light-filled and audaciously crazed at the same time. In fact, I believe it's required.

I mention this because I see an imbalance. An unacknowledged passionate desire versus a should/ought.

As for financial abundance, I believe the tide has already whispered its intention to turn. I see two small shifting points that occurred in August. One caused you to lose hope and another (perhaps not yet known by you) pulled itself up by its boot straps and signed on for another trek up Optimism Mountain. The time period of the Autumn Equinox to the Summer Solstice is especially juicy for you, manifestation-wise.

Continue to ride out this difficult economy (I won't point any fingers at anyone in a large white house), keep things very simple and concise and -- as every in-breath is followed by a release -- your contraction will ease. Go back into the dreaming and goal-setting stage, as long as it's only done with pure joy, playfulness and daring.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Yes, our beliefs attract our realities, but there is also the formidable energy of consensus reality/consensus beliefs to deal with. Sometimes it's like slogging through quicksand. I love the example in Richard Bach's book, "Illusions." Imagine yourself out the quicksand and watch what happens. Keep me posted!
Lynda