The Psychic Counselor

Do you have questions about life changes? Emotional concerns? Relationship issues? Spiritual matters? Send your questions to The Psychic Counselor, Lynda Hilburn, and check back here for your answers. Or you can read through the previous posts (check the Archives) to find answers you didn't even have questions for! LyndaSoul@aol.com. [*LyndaSoul isn't my name -- it's the combo of my first name with the first word in the name of my hypnotherapy training school.]

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Following Your Passion

Hi Lynda:
I wrote to you earlier about a hypnotherapy school catalog, but I'm intrigued and would like to know if this career change is helping me progress in the right direction spiritually at this time. My husband, son and I are struggling a bit financially and I'm wondering if this would be the best time to explore this field. I have been told many times that I am intuitive, and after reading your website about HSPs-whoa! Is that me!! I've also noticed in your description of EHSP that my son fits that bill to a T. He was diagnosed with Asperger's , which as I'm sure you know is a mild form of Autism, and I've always wondered about his abilities. He used to tell me he could see angels flying in the sky when he was young. He doesn't remember it now. Please let me know if you think I would be heading in the right direction. Thank you for any answers you may have for me.
Robin, Colorado

Dear Robin: There is overwhelming evidence that you are in a growth period. The indications are that whatever you "plant" for the rest of this year (and into the new Spring), will be harvested in positive ways. The key is for you to follow your passion. Whatever interests/intrigues you needs to be explored and tasted. It's my belief that if something feels good when you do it -- or when you think about it -- then you're on the right path: spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically. Hypnotherapy might be a doorway into other interests. There is no hurry in uncovering all of your new directions. You're in a time when the answer is "this/and" rather than "either/or." Whenever something new calls to you, answer. Like most other Highly Sensitive People, you'll find yourself drawn to several outlets for your interests, rather than only one or two.

Isn't it wonderful that your son arrived with an open heart/open mind and he allowed himself to see layers of the universe we "rational grownups" shut down much too early? My son used to tell me things like that and I was sorry when he let "reality" overwhelm his larger vision. But, for both our sons, the ability to see beyond the norm remains.

I don't see an ongoing struggle with money for you and your family, so you can relax a little bit and know that new doors are opening in that arena, too. Keep me posted!
Lynda