The Psychic Counselor

Do you have questions about life changes? Emotional concerns? Relationship issues? Spiritual matters? Send your questions to The Psychic Counselor, Lynda Hilburn, and check back here for your answers. Or you can read through the previous posts (check the Archives) to find answers you didn't even have questions for! LyndaSoul@aol.com. [*LyndaSoul isn't my name -- it's the combo of my first name with the first word in the name of my hypnotherapy training school.]

Friday, January 06, 2006

Trip?

Dear Lynda:
I am wondering about whether I should take this short trip over the weekend, leaving Sat, Jan. 7. I've had these nagging feelings over the last couple weeks and can't quite put my finger on it.
I'm just flying to St. Louis to be with some friends and their dogs and puppies. During the time that we were planning this trip my girlfriend's husband, age 53, passed away suddenly. I thought maybe this wasn't a good time to go but my other girlfriend said yes, Marla still wanted us to come. I'm a single parent, very close to my 12-year-old daughter and my 2 dogs. My ex-husband is a recovering alcoholic and I have had trust issues with him in the past but he has done quite well in the last few years. My mother passed away in 1999 and I still miss her greatly. I know I have loss issues. And it has been difficult for me to leave in the past, and things have happened with my ex-husband/daughter when I have been gone. Is it just my sense of being away and not in the immediate area that is bothering me or is there some other reason I should stay home. Thanks for any insights.
Lynn, Colorado

Dear Lynn:
First, I see nothing that concerns me about your trip. There seems to be benefit for you. The only thing I notice is that there is resistance (on your part) about the idea of it. I now wonder if you truly wish to go? Are you going because others wish you to go? Does it sound like great fun to you? If you're going because you want to please others, but your heart/mind isn't in it, the trip won't be as pleasant as it might be. And, if you go and you don't want to, more anger that you're holding inside will leak out. The only problem I'm aware of lies in the mental realm. Nothing "outside" is a problem. So, I wonder if you'll decide to go? If so, have a wonderful trip.
Lynda