The Psychic Counselor

Do you have questions about life changes? Emotional concerns? Relationship issues? Spiritual matters? Send your questions to The Psychic Counselor, Lynda Hilburn, and check back here for your answers. Or you can read through the previous posts (check the Archives) to find answers you didn't even have questions for! LyndaSoul@aol.com. [*LyndaSoul isn't my name -- it's the combo of my first name with the first word in the name of my hypnotherapy training school.]

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sensitivity and Writing

Lynda: I'm a big fan of your fiction books and hope that you continue writing about Devereux and Kismet. However I do have a question for you involving psychic sensitivity. I'm not even sure how to put this into words really. I have been kind of sensitive to people for a long time. When I was young, every time I was in a crowd I felt like I needed a serious nap after because I was so tired afterwards and I needed time on my own to feel better. When I was twenty three I got a double lung transplant. Those feelings seem to have gotten a lot sharper and now it feels like I always have someone around me. And the weird thing is that someone is listening to me!! For example, I lose something, I think to myself . . . ok . . . really gotta find this item . . . please help me and seconds later I find what I'm looking for. It's happened too many times to be a coincidence because believe me, if my head wasn't screwed on I would lose that too . . . he he. Am I imagining things?

I'm also wondering something about my career path. I feel kind of odd for asking, but I do write (I wrote to you once but sometimes AOL and hotmail don't mix. Or you were just uber busy.) and was wondering if it's possible to know if the writer thing will work out or not. 99.9% of this is up to me I realize and you know even if it didn't I still like writing as it's cathartic. I'm just an intensely curious person. Thanks for your time.
M

Dear M: I sometimes think my computer has gremlins or poltergeists because people often tell me they sent an email that I never received! I'm glad you wrote again and thanks so much for the kind words about my novels. I love writing them and I'm glad they bring you pleasure. Regarding your sensitivity (if you haven't already read the article I have posted on www.lyndahilburn.com called "You're Too Sensitive," please check it out. It will answer some of your questions.) I don't think you are listening to "someone else." I'd say you're listening to one of the many aspects of yourself. And what a marvelous thing! If you can find lost objects, how awesome for you! If you wish these abilities to increase, simply utilize them with joy and expect them to grow. It's all normal and natural, and sometimes (such as after your surgery), the blockages we had earlier are removed and we get to experience enhanced awareness. About your writing: First, if you love writing, you're already successful because the act of creation brings you pleasure. What I see about your publishing future has several layers: Get very clear about what genre you love writing. I'm wondering if you need to refine your focus and perhaps make a change? If you do make a change, the resistance you would have encountered with your first choice will be mediated so that good outcomes flow more easily toward you. Don't be overly influenced by other opinions. Keep the healthy balance of accepting their feedback and critique while holding onto your voice and vision. It's a slippery slope. Take this with a grain: I see lots of positive results unfolding over the next 10 years. That doesn't mean it won't happen for 10 years. It means there will be several small successes along that time period. So, sit down in front of your computer and write. Keep me posted!
Lynda