The Psychic Counselor

Do you have questions about life changes? Emotional concerns? Relationship issues? Spiritual matters? Send your questions to The Psychic Counselor, Lynda Hilburn, and check back here for your answers. Or you can read through the previous posts (check the Archives) to find answers you didn't even have questions for! LyndaSoul@aol.com. [*LyndaSoul isn't my name -- it's the combo of my first name with the first word in the name of my hypnotherapy training school.]

Sunday, December 14, 2008

He Can't "Read" Me

Lynda: I came across your blog and I have a question that has really been bothering me since last night. I've been communicating with a man for over 3 years now through phone and internet. He has told me several stories about how he can read people, and how he will say something (without thinking about it) and it will come to pass. He knows as soon as he says it, that it is a fact -- it will happen -- and it does. I'm usually a skeptical person, but I believe him. In fact, he says a lot of his friends/acquaintances have been weirded out by his knowledge of things that are happening or will happen.

Also, last night he told me for the first time that I am the first person that he could not read. He said it had nothing to do with the fact we have never physically interacted, but for the first time in his life -- he reads nothing. It was very weird -- but he said he could never finish my sentences (like most other people he reads), and that it was almost like I was an alien (to him). He termed it as "something about you is not valid" -- not from the perspective that something is wrong, right, or even missing- just that he can't really read me.

I am using the term "read," but he does not claim to be a psychic. He has never tried to "read" for a friend or acquaintance. Things just come into his mind or he says things in normal conversation that come to pass. He knows it is intuition as soon as the words leave his mouth.

I don't have a question about romance. I'm just wondering what this means, and why this man (that I can't seem to shake -- for better or worse) is in my life and I am in his. Does this have something to do with it? And what does it mean that I am unreadable to him?

For some reason we are drawn to each other, but he told me (after years of knowing him) that I perplex him, because of this. He is also at a crucial turning point in his life -- if this helps. Thank you for your help.
D

Dear D: Thanks for writing. How exciting for him that he has the ability to send his perception into the "future." I hope he will keep in mind that while he might get a clear sense of "what will happen," his ability to interpret the information is still specific to him -- determined by his personal filters. We often know things. I think that's a normal, human ability. Whether or not we allow our egos to get involved in the presentation of that knowing is another question. I learned a long time ago that simply because I know something, doesn't mean I have any right or obligation to share that information. Whether or not he can "read" you is about him and not about you. He seems to attribute importance to that inability, which tells me he has a larger agenda in regard to you than he is sharing. But if the connection is enjoyable, I support you in its continuation.
Best, Lynda