The Psychic Counselor

Do you have questions about life changes? Emotional concerns? Relationship issues? Spiritual matters? Send your questions to The Psychic Counselor, Lynda Hilburn, and check back here for your answers. Or you can read through the previous posts (check the Archives) to find answers you didn't even have questions for! LyndaSoul@aol.com. [*LyndaSoul isn't my name -- it's the combo of my first name with the first word in the name of my hypnotherapy training school.]

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Opening My Own Business

Dear Lynda:
I feel as though I'm at a crossroads in my life. I'm in a job I despise, though I'm seeking other employment. The stress of my current job and looking for other work is nearly overwhelming. I really don't want to drift from job to job, though. I've been thinking about opening a little bakery of my own. I'm not sure how successful it'd be, but it's something I've been thinking about more and more. What do you think?
A Baker, Ft. Worth, TX

Dear Baker:
Change is absolutely called for. The idea of a bakery is fine, but it seems limited. There is another element you need to include: creativity. The bakery would succeed if you start out small (that's because I sense a lot of caution and fear from you) and you find some way to add your own unique, creative aspect. Some product or design that only you offer. Your fear is keeping you from dreaming big enough. Take some baby steps toward your goal, while shifting your perception about your current job. You can't attract the good you desire if you're focused on the bad you're currently experiencing.
Lynda