The Psychic Counselor

Do you have questions about life changes? Emotional concerns? Relationship issues? Spiritual matters? Send your questions to The Psychic Counselor, Lynda Hilburn, and check back here for your answers. Or you can read through the previous posts (check the Archives) to find answers you didn't even have questions for! LyndaSoul@aol.com. [*LyndaSoul isn't my name -- it's the combo of my first name with the first word in the name of my hypnotherapy training school.]

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Change Your Focus

Dear Lynda:
I'm a woman in my mid-50s, and I want more out of life than I have. In the past, I've had some mental problems, and I'm sure I give out the wrong vibes to attract fun into my life. I have a very satisfying family (with my kids) and business life. It's my personal life that's almost nonexistent. Is there anything you can tell me that might help me to improve my life? I thank you in advance for any help you can give.
Josie, Los Angeles, CA

Dear Josie:
If the door to relationship is hard to open, it's because you have your entire body pushed up against it, keeping it from swinging free.

This is an example of consciously wanting something while unconsciously sabotaging it.

I wonder if you'd be willing to recreate yourself. Reassess the old identity as someone who "had some mental problems" and move into your futures (which one will you choose?) with a broader self-image. That old label no longer serves you.

It's my belief that if you are willing to rewrite your script there is, indeed, a lovely relationship with a slightly-younger man possible.

I recommend that you get involved with some spiritual and/or creative opportunity. Perhaps volunteer your time. There are those who have been awaiting your arrival.

Allow your inner fire to burn through the body armor, and take a chance on yourself.

Give some thought to relocating.
Lynda

0 Comments:

<< Home